Date(s) - 31/01/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
HyER, the GREAT project and the Skane European Office have the pleasure of inviting you to a day of discussions on how we can work together to speed up the shift to alternative fuels in heavy duty road transport.
The long-haul road transport sector causes around 25% of emissions from transport in Europe. It is essential to find ways to decarbonise the heavy duty freight sector and therefore to support the uptake of alternatives to fossil fuels, along with modal shift solutions.
This seminar will gather EU, industry and regional stakeholders for a debate on how to increase the amount of LNG/LBG, Hydrogen and Battery Electric heavy duty lorries on European roads. We will also discuss how the EU can maintain technical leadership in this sector, especially in light of the recent Tesla and Nikola announcements for instance.
When: 31st of January 2018, 10am-4pm
Where: Brussels, Norway House, rue Archimede 17
10:00 Opening speeches
- Gesine Meißner, Member of the European Parliament
- Britt Karlsson Green, Region Skane – GREAT project introduction
- Barney Crockett, Lord Provost of Aberdeen/HyER President
Which technology is suitable for which needs. What are the possibilities and limitations?
- Volvo – Thomas Turesson
- FordonsGas – Hanna von Bahr
- ON – Björn Fredriksson Möller
How does does the shift to low emission vehicles work in practice?
- Swedish Transport Workers Association, Ulf Jarnefjord, Initiator of the Swedish Transport Workers’ Association’s climate project
- International Road Union – Acacia Smith, Policy Officer EU Environmental Affairs
- Additional speakers to be confirmed
12:15 Networking Lunch
A discussion between EU Commission representatives and NGOs starting from new econometric modelling on alternative fuels
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden – Ann-Charlotte Mellquist (short presentation at the start to ‘set the scene’)
- DG Move – Axel Volkery, Clean Transport Policy Coordinator
- DG R&I– Maurizio Maggiore, Policy Officer, Transport Unit
- DG Clima – Andreas Gumbert, Policy Officer, Road Transport Unit
- Transport & Environment – Carlos Calvo Ambel, Manager, Analysis and Climate
How can the EU become the global forerunner in alternative fuels for heavy duty freight vehicles? CEF and Horizon 2020 funding.
- H2020 – DG R&I– Maurizio Maggiore, Policy Officer, Transport Unit
- CEF Funding – DG MOVE, Antongiulio Marin, Deputy Head of Unit
- Fuel cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking – Carlos Navas, Strategy and Market Development Manager
14:45 Wrap up
15:00 Networking possibilities and coffee
GREAT contacts: email@example.com
HyER contact: firstname.lastname@example.org