Internship – starting October 2018
EU policy, projects & communication
HyER is looking for a candidate for an EU policy, projects & communications intern position at the HyER Secretariat in Brussels, starting at the beginning of October 2018.
HyER (Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Electro-mobility in European Regions) is a network of 16 cities and regions active in the field of fuel cells, hydrogen and electromobility. We assist our members in the development of their hydrogen and electro-mobility activitie by providing a platform for knowedge exchange and capacity building. The Secretariat, based in Brussels, coordinates the activities of the network and represents the association towards the EU institutions and other key stakeholders.
- University student or graduate in a related field (EU studies, international relations, communications, energy, transport…);
- Knowledge of EU institutions. Interest in, and understanding of, EU policies in the fields of transport and energy is desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Additional languages are an advantage;
- Computer literacy & knowledge of social media. Knowledge of WordPress is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Proactive and well organised, with the ability to multitask.
Your tasks will include:
- Contribute to the organisation of events and meetings;
- Contribute to HyER’s tasks in EU-funded projects (deliverables, reporting…);
- Monitor EU policy developments and EU funding opportunities;
- Update HyER’s databases and help with HyER’s administrative tasks;
- Draft content for HyER’s communications channels (social media, website, newsletter);
- Participate in conferences, events and workshops related to HyER’s activities;
- Engaging with HyER members and other partners;
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Insight into the large variety of daily tasks of a European association;
- Insight into EU policy, project development and project management;
- A flexible work environement;
- Good networking opportunities;
- Remuneration of €500 per month – it is expected that the intern will be able to apply for grants to complete the remuneration;
- An internship contract for a minimum of 6 months (preferably 9 months) – full time position (38h/week).
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 27th August 2018, mentionning ‘HyER internship’ in the subject of your email.